Friday, December 2, 2011

Ornaments galore

Due to circumstances beyond our control cough cough evil exs' cough cough I ended up making almost all of our ornaments and decorations this year. My total budget to do up the whole house with Christmas style was a grand total of $55! I did make over 150 ornaments in the course of a week. This was done almost entirely during the munchkins nap times so I'm sure you can make them quicker! 

These cute little ones clip right onto the tree and add a country style touch.



Just go ahead and paint a bag of clothespins white, hot glue strings of fake ornaments onto them(found these in the scrapbook aisles) and clip them right onto your tree!








Floral arrangement sprigs make super quick ornaments when snipped with a pair of wire cutters and bent into hooks.




Another unexpected touch with a bit of that country flair. 


 I used up the leftover wire from the sprigs and a box of hair beads I ran across in the local goodwill. (I just knew I would find a craft for them!) Simply bend the end of the wire to form a platform, place bead, bend wire, continuing until the desired length is reached. Be sure to leave enough room at the top to bend the wire into a hook!




Styrofoam balls are a Christmas staple. With random craft odds and ends attached, and a hook pushed into the top you can make just about anything! It’s a great way to use up those leftover odds and ends!



There's a lot of ones that I didn't show close ups of, if you see a specific one on the tree that you want details of just let me know by leaving a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment